Q: Getting error code P0172

I am getting error code P0172. I need to find the reason for this and get it fixed.

A: This code refers to a rich condition on ban...

This code refers to a rich condition on bank 1. This means that the oxygen sensor detected too little oxygen in the exhaust pipe. A rich condition can be caused by many things like leaking injectors, a misfire in one or several cylinders, or even an oxygen sensor giving a bad reading. A qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can run a diagnostic test and look at live data from a scan tool as well as pull any other codes stored in the memory. This information is necessary to properly diagnose the issue with your vehicle.