Q: Replacement alternator 136 amp vs 160 amp.

I need to replace my alternator since bearing is going. I was wondering if the 160amp has the same hook ups (bolt up and harness hookups) as the 136 amp.

Hi there. The alternators should working just fine. I recommend that putting the brand of alternator that is on the truck in the 160 amp size. There are different models of alternators for the Dodge Ram 1500 trucks. Some have the terminal on the top and others have the terminal on the left at an upper angle. It all depends on which alternator design your engine is equipped with. If you need further assistance with replacing the alternator, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Replacement alternator 136 amp vs 160 amp.