Q: Transmission not shifting

asked by on March 01, 2017

my car starts but doesn't move I had a mechanic to look ait but he did not know what to do my car is a peugheot 307

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $440.73 Get a Quote

It sounds like you may be low on transmission fluid or have a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.