Q: Car jerking and hard to start

My van is jerking and doesn't start right away, and the Engine Light stays on. Auto Zone said I have a heated oxygen sensor: "bank 1 sensor 1 (hHO2811) circuit no activity detected - faulty bank 2 sensor"

I wouldn’t jump the gun and replace O2 sensors yet. When the engine is cold and first starts, the O2 sensors are not used until they warm up. A poorly running engine, and/or exhaust leaks, can cause false O2 codes. First of all, the engine will need to be checked for the root cause of the jerking and start difficulty. This could stem from an issue with the ignition or spark plug, with the battery or charging system, or with the fuel system. Once this is repaired, clear the codes and see if they return. I recommend having a top-rated mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come out to your home or office to run a diagnostic inspection of your start difficulty, and suggest the best path to repair.

3. Car jerking and hard to start