Q: Should I get a transmission flush on my car?

asked by on November 08, 2016

I would like to know if i will need to get a transmission flush on my car based on the mileage it currently has now.

VSA light, brake and ABS light is on. Had breaks checks and they are good. Why are those lights staying on?

This is caused by one or more wheel speed sensors are getting a bad signal to computer and will need to be replaced. I recommend getting the ABS system scanned for stored codes that will tell you which wheel sensor...

How do I eject a CD?

If you want to remove a CD from your vehicle’s CD player, simply press the eject button, which sits next to the CD slot. The CD will be partially ejected from the slot, and you can remove it all the...

More brake noise than there should be, low mileage

The brakes squeaking can be caused by the brakes overheating either from a caliper issue or glazed rotors and pads. When it comes to doing brake repairs, a brake job consisting of rotors and brake pads can only be part...

What is the crankcase emissions control system?

In order to comply with the Clean Air Act and reduce pollution that contributes to environmental damage and the creation of smog, your Accord uses several different emissions controls systems. Your crankcase emissions control system is responsible for maintaining positive...

is it the waterpump going out or gone out

Hi Linda. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Typically, water leaking from the water pump location is an indication of damaged inner seals, which means the pump is damaged. It's recommended to replace the water pump when this happens.

I have a bad transmission and vehicle warranty is expired. I can't afford to buy a new or rebuilt transmission.

Unfortunately, your only alternative to repairing it would be to replace it with a used one. I would contact the manufacture to see if they will help with the repairs. Sometimes they will do a goodwill repair and pay for...

My check engine light turned on and it also notified me that the traction control turned off

I do not recommend driving the vehicle until the car is diagnosed as to why the lights came on. The issue may constitute your vehicle to be unsafe to drive and should only be driven only to get to a...

What factors affect fuel economy?

Your Accord came with a window sticker that explained the miles per gallon the car was rated for under different driving conditions, such as highway driving, city driving, and also provided a combined total. It’s important that you understand these...

when I'm driving down the road about 45 and let off the gas my rpm drops and the car act like it's in nuetral. at 2500 it goes

It sounds like what you are experiencing is transmission related. I would want to check the automatic transmission fluid (ATF) level and condition. It may be low on fluid. You may smell burnt fluid if the trans has been slipping....