Q: Speedometer quit working

The speedometer quit working on my Alero and a diagnostic says it is the instrument cluster. I can't get a new one because Oldsmobile is out of business and I don't rust ordering a new one. How easy would this be to fix?

The speedometer operates in correspondence to the speed sensor on the transmission. If all the other gauges are working on the dash then I would start by looking at the speed sensor on the transmission. The sensor generates a signal to the computer and moves the speedometer based on that signal. When the sensor goes bad it will stop the gage from working. I would recommend having a technician from YourMechanic come out to perform some tests and diagnose your speedometer.

3. Speedometer quit working