Belt, pump, and gauge problems air pump powertrain mazda ...

Q: Belt, pump, and gauge problems

asked by on February 19, 2016

I am having problems with the secondary air pump, powertrain belt, and blinking oil gauge.

Hello! There is likely an issue wth the oil pressure sensor causing the flashing Oil Light. I suggest having a technician test the sensor by the use of a multimeter. Also, be sure to have the oil level checked; a flashing Oil Light is often a sign of the oil level becoming low. Another thing to consider is that the secondary air pump on your vehicle is belt driven; I suggest checking the rotation of the pulleys driven by the belt, and the condition of the rubber drive belt. A sluggish pulley or bad belt can hinder the operation of the secondary air injection system. A YourMechanic technician can come out to the location of your vehicle to run the aforementioned inspections to address your Oil Light concerns.