Q: My door wont open inside and out

asked by on April 29, 2017

My door won't open inside or out nor does my air bag sensor a panssnger it always says off

Door will not open Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The airbag and the door latch issue are very likely two separate issues. Concerning the handle, you need to focus on the latch mechanism itself. Both inside and outside handles have their own connections to the door latch, and unless they broke individually over time which can happen, then the latch is your problem. If you cannot get the door to open with either handle, you must remove the inside door panel with the door closed, and manually unhook the latch from inside the door. This can be difficult, but you should have just enough room to do this with the door closed. Once you have the door open, you can do some diagnostic work to see what needs to be done to the latch. Regarding your airbag light, you will want to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes. They will tell you why the airbag light is on, and what may be wrong that they are not turning on. For more help with either diagnostic process or repair, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.