Q: What ATF do I need in a 2011 Honda civic ex?

I'm just asking what ATF to use in a 2011 Honda Civic EX. Can it be purchased at AutoZone, or only at a Honda dealership?
I also switched to full synthetic oil, is this detrimental to engine or transmission life or performance? My car has 76000 miles.

A: The automatic transmission fluid in you 201...

The automatic transmission fluid in you 2011 Honda Civic EX is full synthetic Honda ATF DW-1. The fluid is compatible with older Honda transmissions but the older fluid is not compatible with your car and newer. You should make sure any fluid you get it meets or exceeds the Honda ATF DW-1 specification and not the older Honda ATF Z-1 specification that is for only 2010 year transmissions or older. You should have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic do the transmission fluid change for you.