Q: Horn honks randomly

asked by on April 27, 2017

My horn honked periodically, one nite with a continuous honk til I pushed it to stop. the next day I noticed my tires were a little low and had them inflated.
now my horn is honking intermittently, and my tires were a little low.... is there a connection?

Hi There, There should not be any connection between your tires being low and the horn honking intermittently. The cause of the horn honking randomly is likely related to a short in the electrical system. The horn switch in the steering wheel activates a relay when the horn is pressed, which then triggers the activation of the horn. I would suggest having an expert from Yourmechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.