Q: Car won't start but the engine turns over

I was driving one day going about 55 or 60 and my car just completely died I pulled over and tried to restart it but it just kept turning over and over and didn't start I heard the fuel pump and smelled gas under the hood when I try to crank it up

Hi there. There are several reasons for a no start condition. It could be a timing belt if the engine turns over faster than usual. It could be a fuel pump, even though it is heard (pressure not within specification). It could be the ignition system not providing voltage to the spark plug. The vehicle’s PCM (powertrain control module/computer) may recognize the fault as a possible crank sensor, mass airflow sensor, or other issue. Given the range of possibilities, the best solution would be to have your vehicle properly diagnosed. I recommend diagnosing your vehicle’s no start condition by a certified technician from YourMechanic.

3. Car won't start but the engine turns over