My 2016 Nissan Sentra won't start., it has push button st...

Q: My 2016 Nissan Sentra won't start., it has push button start. Lights, horn and radio works, but it won' fire up.

asked by on July 30, 2017

My 2016 Nissan Sentra won't start. It has push button start. We I press the break and switch to start. All that happens is the radio comes on. Also the lights, horn door locks and windows all work. So I it's not the battery.

It sounds like you may have a problem with power getting to the starter such as a starter relay. The starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems including no response when turning the key to start. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.