Q: leaking oil after fixed

My car is starting to leak oil about 18 months after I bought it, so I took it to the dealer to get it fixed. It was good for only 3 days. Then it started leaking oil again. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this or what I should do?

Hello. The first step would be taking it back to the dealer where your car was fixed once more and have them inspect it to see if there is a new leak somewhere. There are several components that could be leaking oil from your car: the oil pan gasket, oil filter housing, valve cover gaskets, oil cooler lines, or the turbo and turbo lines (if you car is equipped with a turbo).

It is also possible that the rear main seal is leaking. If the rear main seal is leaking, the motor and transmission would have to be separated in order to fix the seal, which is a major job. If you are not comfortable with taking the car back to the dealer, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection to determine why your car is leaking oil.

3. leaking oil after fixed