Q: Q: Lower ball joint

Do I need a press to do the lower ball joint on the passenger side?

Hi there. When replacing the lower ball joints to your vehicle, you will need to press down on the ball joint to remove it. Before trying to remove the ball joint, check to see if there is a snap ring holding it on. The snap ring is a safety device on the ball joint to prevent the joint from slipping off the control arm. If you need further assistance with your ball joint replacement, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Q: Lower ball joint