Q: What is automatic transmission adaptive learning?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What is automatic transmission adaptive learning?

While most cars with automatic transmissions offer basic operability, yours is different. The automatic transmission is equipped with a learning tool that allows it to learn how you drive and adapt to those needs. This offers better performance and helps the transmission last longer. Here’s how it works:

• New vehicles must learn your driving habits, so you may notice hard or soft shifts.

• The car’s computer learns your driving style and habits and will tailor the shifting performance to fit that.

Tip

If your battery dies and has to be replaced, the computer will have to relearn your driving habits so don’t worry if you notice the transmission acting differently. This is normal.