Q: I went to get an oil change, and the mechanic noticed a leak in my transmission. This was on Saturday. They put more fluid in it.

asked by on February 21, 2017

I went to get an oil change, and the mechanic noticed a leak in my transmission. They put fluids in there and I was fine. I had been checking my fluid, everyday. I even bought fluid. Now I think I have a bigger issue. My car is not going into drive, and all of the fluid I put in, is coming out in a puddle!!

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There could be a leak on the input shaft, output shaft, oil pan, dipstick grommet, or the seal on the shifter linkage could be leaking. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose the leak on your transmission.