Q: P0011

asked by on February 12, 2017

Im getting a p0011 ik what the code is but im not getting any of the symptoms but the engine light. Car drive realy well. Oil is clean. Just a little milky on cam cis of cold weather and not far drives and oil level is good. So what are thing i can look for iam able to dignose alone just need guidense in the right direction.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It sounds like you have a fault in the camshaft position sensor circuit. This fault could be the sensor, the wire harness, the connector, the ECM, or even a mechanical condition. You’ll need the manufacturer’s specifications for the circuit when testing with a digital volt/ohm meter. You’ll be checking resistance at specific temperatures in the sensor and voltage in the harness as well as proper continuity. Milky oil is not normal and should have an inspection to determine if a repair is needed before a major failure occurs. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a check engine light inspection.