Q: Ratting on front end

It rattles in the front end when I hit even minor bumps. But the noise stops if I touch the brake.

A: There are many components that come togethe...

There are many components that come together to make the suspension system in your Pontiac Torrent and several of them can duplicate the rattle in the front end when they are failing. With the noise stopping when applying the brake, it is likely that the control arm bushings are going bad. When you apply the brakes it is shifting the weight of the vehicle forward on the the failing part stopping it from rattling.

To be 100% certain this is the source of your rattle however, I highly recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come by and perform a test drive and visual inspection on your Pontiac Torrent. They will have the experience needed to quickly determine the source of the rattle as well as assist you with making the repairs needed to get your Pontiac driving smooth again.