Q: Removed catalytic converter and installed straight pipes

So I removed my catalytic converter a month back and installed straight black pipes, i did it mainly for the noise it makes, so the thing I want to know is that is it safe for the car? Does it affect the engine in any way?

Removal of the complete exhaust and putting on straight pipes may cause valves in the head to overheat from lack of back pressure. You will have also altered the emissions of the engine and render the vehicle for off road use only since it does not meet Federal emissions standards. The computer O2 sensors will not work correctly and will turn on the check engine light and may cause loss of power.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr