Q: Vehicle won't start when warmed up - 1992 Chevrolet Caverlier

asked by on October 04, 2016

My vehicle had a misfire replaced ignition module/coils/plugs/wires. Still has a misfire but now when it warms up it will stall and not start again or if it doesn't stall and I turn it off it won't restart. Cranks but won't start.

Ignition Coil Replacement $116.03 - $516.36 Get a Quote
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement $105.38 - $768.03 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. A bad ignition coil is often times the culprit of a no start/no spark issue when the engine is warm. Since you just replaced this, this should not be the problem. I would suggest checking the crank position sensor as this can also cause a no spark issue if this is faulty. If you need to have this repaired, a qualified pro from YourMechanic can diagnose the starting problem and pinpoint the correct repair.