Q: The test says camshaft, but I put some water in the battery and now work, but not perfect

the gas was low, the light came on and forgot to stop at the gas station. While driving the car started to stalling, then the engine light came on and called AAA. They came and gave me some gas. Then I drove it for a couple of weeks with no problem. Suddenly, the light came back on again and was stalling until one day in the morning stopped working. AAA came with jumper cables and the car worked while it was on, then when turned it off stopped working again so the guy said the problem was the battery. We went to walmart and changed the battery, later on the engine light came back on and took it to AutoZone where they run the test and showed the it was the camshaft sensor. so I bought it, but couldn't install it because I dont have the tool to remove the battery(I am just waiting for a friend now). yesterday I couldn't start it and my neighbor put some water inside of the battery a the car worked again. Today while I was driving started to stalling again for 2 minutes.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. Your <a hr...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Your camshaft position sensor is really failing, and needs to be replaced. This sensor can begin to fail for short intervals with heat and vibration, cool off, then work again for a while. Repeat cycle more and more often until total failure as you experience. If you help having this resolved, have a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the stalling issue and replace the camshaft position sensor if necessary.