Q: 8000 first oil change

My owner's manual tells me I need my 1st oil change around 8000 miles. Is this right? Should be it be more often?

If your manual says to change the oil at 8000 miles then this is the official manufacturer recommendation. You have the choice to change the oil and filter sooner, but you will still need to monitor the oil level every 1000 miles.

It’s important to check and see if you need to add any oil to keep it topped off. If you need assistance with this, have your oil and filter serviced by a professional mechanic at your own convenience.