Q: 1994 Nissan SE-V6 pickup; engine revs, no acceleration.

SE-V6 PICKUP TRUCK!! Engine revs high, but no acceleration, no power.

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

It’s possible the clutch is slipping. If the issue is not clutch/transmission related then it would be diagnosed as a loss of power. Among the causes of loss of power are throttle body faults (electronic throttle controls, mass airflow sensor, torn air intake hose), worn out spark plugs, faulty fuel pump or restricted fuel system, and large vacuum leaks (including EGR malfunctions, PCV system, leaking intake manifold, leaking EVAP purge valve). A scan tool would be used to look at real time conditions within the engine (particularly fuel trim, etc.) and identify the root cause. If you want these diagnostic tests performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a loss of power inspection/diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.