Oil light on a4 quattro check oil light l4-2.0l audi 2009

Q: Oil light on

asked by on May 12, 2016

The oil light is staying on all the time now. I just put oil in it today, but the light won't go off until I drive and then turn the car off and then restart - then the light goes out briefly, but comes back on later. There is also a hard jerking when I shift into different gears. What's causing these problems?

The oil light typically calls for the oil pressure to be tested. You may need to replace the sending unit or fix the cause of the low oil pressure in the engine. The jerking in the engine would depend on if you have a standard (manual) or an automatic transmission. If you have a standard, since you say you shift gears, then you likely have an engine misfire or broken motor mounts. I recommend that you have the oil light checked by a mechanic in person to diagnose the problem and make any repairs from there.