Q: Steering wheel will not turn when at a stop or slow speed. 2002 Acura MDX

For a couple weeks my steering wheel has been hard to turn and also squeals when i am pulling out from a parking spot. Now my wheel will not turn at all. When i am driving it is able to turn but not easily. Im wondering what this most likely would be i hope its nothing too major thanks .

Hi there - the lack of power steering assist, and squealing noise you here when using the steering at low speeds is indicative of poor power steering pump performance. First thing to check to check is the power steering fluid level. If fluid level is correct, the PS pump may be worn out, the fluid filter may be clogged, the pressure relief valve may be stuck open, or the steering rack itself may be damaged. I recommend a steering inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Steering wheel will not turn when at a stop or slow speed. 2002 Acura MDX