Q: Car stalls after water pump, timing belt, plugs, valves replacements

While I was driving around 45 mph, my car stalled. I had to have it towed to the dealership for a diagnosis. The technician told me that the timing belt had slipped off and that caused the turbo engine to be damaged. Then he explained that the following would have to be replaced: the water pump, timing belt, the timing belt kit and tensioner, and various plugs and valves. After all these repairs, the engine warning light came on and the engine stalled! I feel like I spent all that money for nothing! Can you tell me what will fix this stalling problem?

Many different systems can cause a stalling malfunction on your vehicle. The most common are a fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, battery, wiring fault or a crank/cam sensor. If the timing belt slipped off and caused the components to be damaged this could also cause the vehicle to start. To have this diagnosed properly, have a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the stalling issue and perform any repairs required.

3. Car stalls after water pump, timing belt, plugs, valves replacements