Q: Replacing a power window motor - 2005 Chevrolet Equinox

My driver's side power window motor is dead. I'm trying to replace it but the gear is stuck in the assembly. How do I remove this?

If you have already removed the motor and regulator assembly but are unable to separate the two, I would recommend using a pry bar of some sort to try to separate the gears. If this does not work, it is possible that the regulator and motor are seized together.

If this is the case, it is likely that the regulator assembly will require replacement in order to resolve the issue. I would also recommend searching online for a procedure on this repair to determine if any steps were missed.

If you are in doubt about this repair, I would recommend hiring a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to replace the window’s motor for you.

3. Replacing a power window motor - 2005 Chevrolet Equinox