Q: Loud knocking noise while driving

My car is making a loud knocking noise while driving. I think it might have something to do with the suspension.

A: Hello. If the noise is occurring when drivi...

Hello. If the noise is occurring when driving and going over bumps, then it may be a suspension part. Most of the time on this car, it is caused by a failing suspension strut. The struts will fail and not have any pressure which will cause this. I have also seen the spare tire be loose in the back and cause this noise when driving. I would typically check the tires first. If that is fine, I would get the vehicle in the air to check for worn parts. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to locate the cause of the noise and recommend the appropriate repairs.