Q: Brake booster signal failure

I am trying to fix my Dodge Dart. I replaced all 4 wheel bearings because they were making noises. And I replaced all wheel speed sensors. One of the boots was open on the CV shaft which caused the grease to go all over the lines. I’m getting a spongy pedal that goes all the way to the floor in order to brake. I filled my master cylinder with fluid. When I checked for codes I got “Brake booster general signal failure.” It can’t be a bad brake booster, because I have vacuum assist. What could the problem be?

It is possible that your master cylinder may be failing on your 2014 Dodge Dart. The master cylinder can be full and still cause issues. If the internal seals inside the master cylinder begin to fail, they will allow brake fluid to bleed past them and therefore decreases the amount of force that gets exerted upon the brakes themselves.

If the seals get much worse, the brake pedal may go all the way to the floor. I would recommend having your master cylinder inspected by a certified mechanic who is proficient in brake work.

If the master cylinder is the cause of the problem, the vehicle would be considered unsafe to drive because of dangerous driving situations you may find yourself in. I would recommend having the repair performed as soon as possible, and would avoid driving until this is properly repaired.