Q: Power steering quit working

Yesterday, I was about to start the car and run it, but I found that the power steering quit functioning. It happened unexpectedly without any warning. I tried to get it to work by adding power steering fluid as it was at a low level, but it couldn't help. What should I do?

A: Hello there, thanks for writing in about yo...

Hello there, thanks for writing in about your 1993 Chrysler Lebaron. A few different faults can cause the power steering to stop working. If the power steering has completely failed, then the most likely causes would be the power steering belt, low fluid level, power steering pump failure, power steering rack failure, or a leak in the power steering system. I recommend having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and experience necessary to diagnose and repair your power steering problem.