Q: My car won't start, makes a clicking sound

i had it on afterwork heating it up and then it died on me .jump started it that didnt work it started one time and then shut off again and now its still at my job

Hello.

A no start condition can be caused by many things. If your car overheated and is no longer starting, then it may be possible that the engine has suffered serious damage, perhaps in the form of a blown head gasket. I would check the oil to see if it looks like it may be contaminated with coolant. If the engine is not even cranking, then it may be possible that the battery or starter is the issue. I would start by checking the oil and seeing if the engine cranks, and then going from there. If you would like help, a professional technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your car’s no start condition and make the necessary repairs.

Regards,

Eduardo YourMechanic