Q: Replace coolant reservoir

Hello, so I discovered I have a crack in my reservoir I ordered a new one but not sure how to take the old one out.

A: There will be a few bolts with ten millimet...

There will be a few bolts with ten millimeter heads. You will need to remove these first. Usually, you will be able to slide the reservoir out, but sometimes you will need to remove the fan motors as a complete assembly. These will have bolts of the same size. Sometimes there are bolts at the top and bottom of the fan assemblies and other times there are only bolts at the top and the bottom will have slots to slide the lower portion of the fan assembly into.

There will be a host that will need to be removed from the coolant reservoir. This hose can be attached to the cap or the bottom of the reservoir itself. The fan assembly will have several connectors connected to it. You will need to release them. They are often tricky to get them apart.

If you should need any help with this repair, I recommend enlisting one of our mobile technicians who can come to you and ensure a proper replacement of your coolant reservoir.

Good luck!