Q: Will a 2016 lancer auto lock the doors with the key still in the ignition?

Our rental 2016 Lancer locked the doors with the key still in the ignition, is this normal or a fault?

Hi there. A new Lancer should not be locking the driver door with the key in the ignition, however that is only when the key is in the ON or ACCESSORY position. When you have the key out of the ignition, put the key in the ignition, open the driver door and try locking the door. If the door locks, then turn on the ignition and see if the door unlocks with the door open. The car should not lock the door unless the car was originally equipped with more than one key. Most rental companies have a back up key for the car if one stops working. If you need further assistance with your key in the ignition and the doors lock, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Will a 2016 lancer auto lock the doors with the key still in the ignition?