Q: Transmission problems - 1982 Jeep CJ7

asked by on November 07, 2016

The transmission shifts good and it runs strong but when I press on the gas right after a new gear , my foot would be completely off the clutch pedal and the rpms would go higher as I press the gas (It's like the car thinks the car thinks the clutch pedal is still being pressed down when it's not) I was thinking it was the slave cylinder or the transmission itself But people were telling me u need clutch fluid but I always thought it was a hydrologic clutch So what I'm asking is does the jeep need clutch fluid and if so where would I find the thingy to put the fluid in

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Has your clutch been replaced recently? If not, your clutch assembly may be worn out. Check your fluid levels under the hood. At the very least, each reservoir should have fluid in it and you may notice a min/max level indicator on them to show the system level. A low clutch fluid level can also be the sign of a worn clutch or a leak in the system. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can check on these items for you and determine the cause of your problems.