Q: Thermostat did not fix overheating problem

asked by on February 04, 2016

My car is overheating, even though I recently changed the thermostat and radiator cap.

The cooling system is designed to keep the engine at the proper operating temperature. If any component in this system fails, overeating may result. This could be anything from a stuck closed thermostat to a leaking radiator. Overheating can cause extensive engine damage if not taken care of right away. I suggest having a trained mechanic diagnose and repair your vehicle’s overheating issue as soon as possible.