Q: Limp mode 30 codes

I have a Super Duty Extended Van with 4 pd trans has 64400 miles on it. Today it went into limp mode while I was driving and luckily I was near a Ford Dealer. They diagnosed it with more than 30 codes that came up from the transmission. They said it might be an electrical problem and not the transmission. I hope this isn't the case because I never had a problem with ford transmissions in the past. Do you have any ideas or solutions about this?

Hello there, when you see that many codes it can take some work to sift through all of them. Usually only a few codes will remain once the codes are cleared and the vehicle is driven. These remaining codes will give some indication of where the fault may be. The vehicle goes into a limp mode with many different codes to protect the vehicle.

I’d suggest you get some assistance from a qualified technician who has the necessary tools and experience to diagnose your Check Engine Light. The problem can then be addressed once the fault has been pinpointed.

3. Q: Limp mode 30 codes