Q: Problem with transmission.

The car will not shift out of park. There is no Check Engine light on. I have a suspicion that there is a problem with the brake sensor.

Car does not shift from park to drive Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Your suspicions for your brake pedal sensor would be a good start, but there are also solenoids inside the shifting mechanism that could also be the culprit. You could try to wiggle the shifter as you try to shift. If that doesn’t work a mechanic from YourMechanic would be able to determine what is causing the problem and replace it.