My car key won't turn in the ignition pontiac aztek 2005 ...

Q: My car key won't turn in the ignition

asked by on November 26, 2016

For 3 months I've been having problems with the key coming out of the ignition. Today my key won't turn over to start my car

A number of things can make the ignition difficult or impossible to turn. A faulty ignition switch or ignition tumbler may not signal the shifter interlock properly, preventing the ignition from turning. Also, a damaged,loose, or misadjusted shifter mechanism can prevent the ignition from turning. Even a worn key can prevent the ignition tumblers from moving properly and keep the ignition from turning. The key coming out of the ignition can be an indication of the key and/or ignition tumbler being worn. If available, try another using another key to turn the ignition. If that does not work, have a certified technician inspect the ignition lock cylinder to isolate the exact cause.