Q: Snowmobile loses power, then dies and will not start back up.

asked by on February 22, 2017

1994 Yamaha Vmax 600 2 stroke. Starts up fine, runs good for about 5-10 minutes, then dies. Only starts if gas put directly into engine through pouring into spark plugs holes. Starts right up and will run for another good 5-10 minutes. Seems to lose power towards lower rpm but once it eventually gets up to the power band it is very fast and sounds great.

Hi there. Unfortunately, we don’t offer mechanical tips or advice; or service off-road vehicles. You might be better served to search online for snowmobile performance shops or online forums to receive the advice you’re looking for. Thanks.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr