Q: Car having problems starting.

My car makes an intermittent sound like I am trying to start the car after it is already started, upon startup. It takes anywhere from two to three times to get my car started. One day, it would not start up at all, though after waiting a few hours it started right up. After stopping and getting an oil change, the car wouldn't start up at all and I had to have it towed home.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

These cars are known for having faulty crankshaft position sensors. This sensor can cause an extended cranking condition, which eventually turns into a vehicle that won’t start. Checking for diagnostic codes stored in your power train control module (PCM) would be the first place to start. Of course, there are a lot of other issues that could result in the symptoms you’re having. My suggestion is to have a trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle firsthand.