I have a Pontiac torrent and it will shut off and immedia...

I have a Pontiac torrent and it will shut off and immediately turn back on with me not doing anything Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Torrent? 2008 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Torrent yoursel...

I have a Pontiac torrent and it will shut off and immediately turn back on with me not doing anything Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Torrent? 2008 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Torrent yourself? What have you tried so far? All I've done so far is look up info on line, my connection to my battery is good with no corrosion Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not? I've not tested it with a meter, it's not leaking Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? My stabilitrak light comes on when this happens as well

Automotive Expert
Welcome to JustAnswer! You can ask unlimited questions to any of the 12,000 Experts! From doctors, lawyers, tech support, contractors, tutors, auto and boat mechanics, appliance technicians, veterinarians, accountants, appraisers, psychologists, engineers, heavy machinery masters, dream interpreters, and more, we've got you covered, 24/7. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will be able to assist you. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Thank you for taking the time to let us help you out with this problem and hopefully we can sort it out quickly. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. This is a problem with either the ignition switch or the PCM (powertrain control module). You'll have to do some electrical testing to see which one is the culprit by checking the cranking signal to the PCM from the ignition switch. The most common problem is a faulty ignition switch. My goal is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. If I’m not online at the time, I will respond ASAP when I get back.