Q: Timing chain problem should I replace the motor because of the mileage

Timing chain making a loud sound needs to be replaced but have (3) timing chain should I replace the motor or get the whole engine rebuild

Hello. If the noise is isolated to the timing chain area, then that should be all that you need. If the engine has been well-maintained then there really is no reason to install a new engine. This engine can last 100,000 more miles if it was well-maintained. If it hasn’t been well-maintained, then I would replace the engine instead of wasting time on the chains. If you would like to get another opinion on this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the noise and the engine and advise you on the most appropriate repair.

• Timing chain problem should I replace the motor because of the mileage