Q: What are the best 50/50 antifreeze options to use for my car? 2002 Honda Accord

There are so many options, I'm not sure which one to go with for my car. I live in Atlanta, GA and it is currently winter if that narrows down the options I should go with. If you can let me know what are the best options and why so that I can understand what's best for my car.

Thank you ahead of time. I appreciate it. Thank you

Hi there - there are pretty-much just 2 issues when selecting engine coolant. First question is "What "type" coolant should I buy?". Glycol-based coolant tends to be the green stuff. Low-phosphate, for all aluminum engines is pink or orange. (Best not to mix the 2 types.) Your Owners Manual will direct you on which to use. The second question - which you have addressed - is "Do I buy the pre-mix, 50/50, or do I buy concentrate and dilute it myself?". The concentrate is a better value - you are paying more to have it pre-mixed for you, handy when topping off coolant. Pre-mix is more convenient, so your criteria will be different than someone else. Most auto parts stores offer pre-mix or concentrate from a handful of quality coolant suppliers. Peak, Prestone, Sierra and Zerex are popular quality choices. For assistance, i recommend a cooling system flush performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. What are the best 50/50 antifreeze options to use for my car? 2002 Honda Accord