Q: What are the best 50/50 antifreeze options to use for my car? 2002 Honda Accord

There are so many options, I'm not sure which one to go with for my car. I live in Atlanta, GA and it is currently winter if that narrows down the options I should go with. If you can let me know what are the best options and why so that I can understand what's best for my car.

Thank you ahead of time. I appreciate it. Thank you

Hi there - there are pretty-much just 2 issues when selecting engine coolant. First question is "What "type" coolant should I buy?". Glycol-based coolant tends to be the green stuff. Low-phosphate, for all aluminum engines is pink or orange. (Best not to mix the 2 types.) Your Owners Manual will direct you on which to use. The second question - which you have addressed - is "Do I buy the pre-mix, 50/50, or do I buy concentrate and dilute it myself?". The concentrate is a better value - you are paying more to have it pre-mixed for you, handy when topping off coolant. Pre-mix is more convenient, so your criteria will be different than someone else. Most auto parts stores offer pre-mix or concentrate from a handful of quality coolant suppliers. Peak, Prestone, Sierra and Zerex are popular quality choices. For assistance, i recommend a cooling system flush performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.