Q: I was told that my crankshaft pulley is wobbling and i looked up how to replace it myself but would something get messed up? 1996 Honda Civic

I know a bit about cars (want to be a mechanic myself) and i know how to take the pulley off but im afraif if i put it back on i might tighten it too much anf screw up the whole crankshaft... Is that possible or would it be easy if i know how to take it off to just put another back on? Thanks for taking the time to read this

Hi there - this task requires a few specialized tools in order to do the job correctly The bolt holding the crankshaft harmonic balancer on requires approximately 300 lb ft of torque to remove, and reinstall. The correct tools (3/4" drive, socket, and breaker bar extension, and a crankshaft holding fixture ) are required. The correct gear puller is required to remove the dampener once the large bolt is removed.This is also the right time to replace the front crankshaft seal to avoid future oil leaks, which requires additional specialized tools as well. The crankshaft and dampener are keyed, requiring care in aligning them during assembly. Unless all of this activity is comfortable for you, I recommend a crankshaft dampener replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. I was told that my crankshaft pulley is wobbling and i looked up how to replace it myself but would something get messed up? 1996 Honda Civic