Q: Changing the camshaft position sensor

asked by on November 30, 2016

If I am changing just the cam position sensor, (not the synchronizer), do I have to do a top dead center setting like you have to on the synchronizer, or can I just change out the camshaft sensor without adjustments, Thanks, Rob

Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement $104.59 - $809.88 Get a Quote

You do not need to do anything special when replacing camshaft sensor. If you want a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come and replace the cam sensor for you. You will need to clear the codes for the computer after replacing the sensor.