Q: I dropped a plastic object in my gas tank. It's about 25 cm long. What will happen and what should I do???

i just dropped some plastic object in the tank

A: Hi there. The effect that this object will ...

Hi there. The effect that this object will have on your vehicle depends on its size. If it is not flat and somewhat irregular, then you should be fine if you leave it in there as it should not interfere with anything. It is always best to remove it though as it can break apart over time depending on the type of plastic that it is and that can cause some problems. If you want to have this piece removed from the tank, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to remove the fuel pump to get this object out of the tank. Be sure to make note of your specific circumstance if you are looking to have this done.