Q: Headlights won't clear- foggy

I have sanded down and clearcoated and cleaned headlights several times but nothing is working to get rid of the foggy region of the headlight that has a squiggly line around it. Are my headlights oxidized all the way through and therefore irreparable?
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello. The foggy substance on your headlights is known as oxidation. Normally it will only form on the outside of the headlight but at times find its way to the inside due to moisture. To clean the oxidation on the inside the headlight must be opened but most headlights today are not serviceable. You will likely have to get new headlights to get the clear look that you probably envision, but a technician will be able to look at your headlights to see if there’s a safe way of opening them without damaging them to clean up the oxidation on the inside. You are able to find a technician which could take a look at your headlights herehttps://www.yourmechanic.com/services/headlights-are-dim-inspection