Q: Will a transmission from a non vtech 1995 Honda accord work in a 1997 honda accord with vtech

I took a transmission out of a 1995 Honda accord, it was non vtech. I put it into my 1997 Honda accord, this is a vtech. Both transmissions were automatic, the 95 fit perfectly fine into the 97. The question is now does the computer on the 97 need to be tweaked at all & is there another wire that needs to be added to the harness. I'm just a girl, this is all like brain surgery to me. Can someone please tell me what needs to be done to the wiring and the computer and how to do it please. Any help would be so much appreciated. Thank you, Tiffany Clark

The model year 1996 transmission will work in your 1997 vehicle but not the 1995. For a 1997 Accord, you can ONLY use transmission IDs B0YA Trans.; TAG: 20021-P0Z-010. No other transmission will work and there is no work around solution because the transmission is controlled by a computer and consequently to get the incompatible transmission to function you would have to literally change the physical hardware and software. Exact interchange transmissions for your vehicle can be readily found at Car-Part.com. If you are interested in a transmission replacement, YourMechanic professionals in certain locales can assist with that. Please simply inquire based on your locale. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. Will a transmission from a non vtech 1995 Honda accord work in a 1997 honda accord with vtech