Q: hole in valve over??????/

asked by on July 09, 2016

Hi, went to get an oil change and my car over heated, i stopped and turned it, off, after about 15 mins it cooled bak to normal. then try to crank it up.didnt crank. a guy knocked on my fuel pump, it started right up. On the way to get the oil changed, i went to the garage and turned it off again, the lady told me to pull it up into the garage, it didnt crank so they pushed it to the side, so i had an idea, i put injection cleaner in my gas tank and so 50/50 in the coolant dept. I cranked right up, but i left and went straight home i didnt want to break down again. So about 5 mins later it overheated again so i stopped for about 10 mins then it fell fast from H to C, so i drove it again, like 10 mins later, I stopped at a stop sign and suddenly my engine fails, i heard a loud boom my sterrign locked up and i seen smoke. i opended the hood and see that my valve cover has an hole in it. Note*Car was very low on oil and coolant;( Already purchased a valve cover? Rebuild? New Engine?HELP!

I an sorry to hand you this news, but a loud boom followed by a stalled engine and smoke is not a very good sign. If the engine failed while low on oil and overheating at the same time, I will advise you invest in a replacement engine assembly. At this point, it may cost much more to rebuild the engine and replace damaged components rather than to replace it with a used or re-manufactured one. As Your Mechanic does not offer this type of service, I recommend you visit a local repair shop or the dealership for the proper repair.