Q: Car won't start - 1998 Ford Explorer

asked by on November 09, 2016

Battery alternator and starter and coil rod have been replaced. Still doesn't start.

Hello there. Many faults will cause your 1998 Ford Explorer not to start. You have done well in replacing the battery: this is the number one cause of vehicles not starting. The starter and coil are also common causes, but generally the alternator does not prevent the vehicle from starting.

There are a few other possibilities, such as the fuel pump, battery cables, fuel filter, crankshaft position sensor, or a wiring harness fault. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to determine why your car is not starting and make any repairs required to get your vehicle running normally again.